Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sausalito Art Festival, the Art of Fun

Inspire Yourself! Join me for the 58th Annual Sausalito Art Festival at Booth 228 (Located on the other side of the Artist's Stage, 2nd row to right) Labor Day Weekend Sepember 4-6, 10am-6pm August 3rd, Friday night is the wildly wonderful Opening Night Gala, Uncensored, under the stars.

Join me for a celebration of creativity. You will find a fresh group of small oil paintings that I have harvested from the bounty of summer in California. I have been working with the light on the Carmel coastline, Sausalito, Sonoma, and the Sierras, all the dramatic places we love, play in, and enjoy. During my latest trip to Point Lobos I explored the scuptural Weston Beach where I once painted as Brett Weston photographed with his friend, William Current. Now, a painter friend and I stayed far into the golden light of sunset which brought new colors to my palette. Those two black and white photographers influenced me to be who I am as a painter with the wisdom of their eyes and hearts.

I also offer larger visions, colorful oil paintings from our renowned Wine Country that were began last autumn. I get so inspired by the work of other artists from all parts of the country, working in many mediums. I learn more about my work from you, so do join the fun! See you there, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment